Our engineers have developed the Second Heart® Technology concept, an innovative and patented electro-myostimulation technology which enables to use “naturally” the muscular pumps to optimize the recovery in sports.
As a result, Veinoplus® Sport allows you to access to the best recovery bringing advantages of an active recovery in a situation equivalent to still rest or passive recovery.
Muscle oxygen consumption, when stimulated with Veinoplus® Sport, is not significant on the contrary to active recovery (graph n°1), whereas blood inflow and outflow are increased to facilitate and speed up the elimination of waste and metabolites.
More : What you should know
The device combines 3 effects, in only one program:
-improvement of recovery thanks to an increase of blood flows,
-local analgesic effect
Using Veinoplus® Sport on calves activates your Peripheral Heart and will provide you with a unique and totally innovative “whole body” or “global” recovery. It has the same effects as an active recovery, in a resting situation (passive recovery).
Using Veinoplus® Sport on other muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, upper limbs…), will provide you a targeted “local recovery” on the muscles which have been involved in exercise (prevention of soreness and cramps).
Graph 1: O2 consumption in the calf depending on the type of recovery (1)
Sport performance outcomes
Evaluation of the effects of Veinoplus® Sport to reproduce a performance of top athletes, unique to our knowledge, have been evidenced in two clinical studies made by the Research Department of INSEP, French National Institute on Sport and Performance.
« Football / Soccer Study » : (sample) :
Comparison between a passive recovery and a Veinoplus® Sport recovery after an exhaustive exercise in two groups of 13 football players each, pro or semi-professionals (French National League 2).
- A Veinoplus® Sport 20 min recovery between 2 standardized rowing tests, permits to reproduce a performance similar to the first test when doing the 2nd test after one hour.
- On the contrary, when recovering passively (ie “passive recovery“) the performance is dropping very significantly (-10%) in the 2nd test.
Study presented at French Sports Medecine Congress, Biarritz (France), and published in Journal of Athletic Training 2012 (JAT 2012;47(5):498-506) : full abstract here
Graph 2 : Comparison of two methods of recovery after intermittent strenuous exercise (2)
« Handball Study » (sample) :
Comparison between 3 recovery methods : active, passive and Veinoplus® Sport on a same group of 14 female elite handball players (French National Team, League 1, League 2).
- Using Veinoplus® Sport recovery during 15 min between 2 standardized running tests permits to reproduce a similar performance in the 2nd test compared to the first test.
- On the contrary, when recovering passively during 15 minutes (ie “passive recovery”) the performance is dropping significantly (-16%).
- In the test Veinoplus® Sport recovery is equivalent to a 15 min cycling active recovery which is considered to be the be the most efficient recovery but has a certain number of drawbacks.
Study presented at French Society of Vascular Medecine Congress (Lyon, September 2012) and presented at French Society of Sports Medecine Congress (Grenoble, October 2012) :full abstract here
Graph 3 : Comparison of three methods for recovery after exercise dominant anaerobic race (2)